I don't really have any particular area to be stressed about....but for some reason, I cannot turn my brain off and just sleep through the night. Not that I have ever been a sound sleeper, but the few times I wake up, I normally have no problem falling right back into la-la-land. I haven't slept well for the past five nights and the bags under my eyes are becoming like a full set of luggage.
So this is just an example of what I was thinking about for the 7 random times I woke up last night.....in no particular order:
- My recently enclosed entryway/deck needs to be cleaned out, painted and furnished this spring. Right now it is like a drop-zone for what ever crap I don't want in my house along with winter garb. So, what color should I paint the walls? Do I want a rug? Can we put a TV out there?
- What else can I add to N's lapbook on plants? Oh, just an FYI.....I am now completely obsessed with this lapbook concept I was introduced to last week. It is so much fun to incorporate with your homeschooling. I found a few helpful sites, Lapbook Lessons and Free Homeschooling Lapbooks, and if you Google "lapbooks"....you will see so many resources for them. I am using it with Science this year, and next year our whole Bible study will be utilizing them.
- I need to get on the treadmill every day this week......not only to make up for my laziness this last
year monthweek.....but to eradicate the platter of nachos I chose to make and eat four out of the past six nights. eek. (*now wondering if they might have something to do with the insomnia.........nahhhhhhhhhhh, I've inhaled many platters before bedtime all these years....so scratch that theory)
- my hair really needs color and a cut. I am starting to resemble Rosanna Rosanna Danna. It is not pretty. It's like the painter's house that needs painting. I work part-time as a hair stylist, yet it's been over 10 months since I've cut my hair and I've been coloring it myself. I can only imagine what the back of my head looks like....oh well, I don't have to look at it.
- Oh crud, did I blow out those candles in the living room before bed? Even though I remember specifically pulling back the said-frizzy-hair-that-would-go-up-like-a-haystack when I blew them out.....I still got up to double check.
- My blog even popped in my mind......I am gathering addresses today for my book giveaway and Pay it Forward players.
- Why do I let Mufasa, the 115+ pound "puppy" beast, sleep in our room when he is quite possibly the most disgusting creature God has created? He has the most foul, awful smelling farts.....and let's them rip all night. gag.
- what can we have different for dinner this week?
- Should I have grabbed that other curriculum at the CBD warehouse sale I went to on Saturday? Which btw.....I don't know if you have ever been to a sale like this.....but let me just set the stage. There was about 2500-3000 people at this warehouse......with approx. 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 books strewn on tables with no rhyme or reason to it all. I have a hard time finding a book at the library so you can imagine how I was functioning in this chaotic madhouse. Again. It wasn't pretty.
- Did I send in our balance for Soulfest camping that is due April 1st?
- Should I call and make my mammogram appt. that is due in July?
- Josh needs new sneakers.
- I need new sneakers.
- when should Lili and I send in that Amazing Race application?
- we need a new rake.
- is N's sandwich still in the living room? nah....Mufasa must have chowed that down.
So yeah, welcome to my world. This was just on the surface as to how my brain is when it's in my normal unmedicated ADD state. And that is just what I can remember this morning as I sit in a fog.
I was almost at the point of tears. I could NOT fall back asleep......I was flip flopping like a fish and knew it was a matter of time that I would wake up Josh. Not that he would deserve it with his snoring that is yet another thing to keep me awake. The only reason I let him sleep is so that our children will have at least one parent who is coherent in the morning.
So it finally dawned on me to do what I should done in the beginning. I just focused on Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
* I feel the need to announce that when I quote Scripture.......I do not just know these verses off the top of my head.....Bible Gateway is one of my favorite friends!
I just kept repeating the gist of the Scripture in my head over and over......at this point, I was almost demanding that God "hook a sista up" here. I was pleading with Him to cut me some slack knowing that 5:30 was approaching quick and that alarm clock was just waiting to ruin my
So, we do serve a faithful God and I did fall back to sleep somewhere around 4:43....with that trusty alarm clock (that felt more like a taser on my skull) going off what seemed to be seconds later.
And here I am.
I am awake.
I have a pulse.
I am alive....that is a good thing.
So, feel free to give me any suggestions on what you do for a good peaceful night's sleep.....I promise I am listening, even if you catch my head nod down or you hear a little zzzzzzzzz.