In light of my recent loss.......I want to note three things that do I have......and am so thankful for.
1. My family and good friends who surround me~
- A marriage to my best friend that is strong enough and worth enough to go through any trial that comes our way. Knowing and believing that if we can persevere through the valleys.......we will come out on top of the mountain.
- My friends who don't judge me for my decisions, offer encouragement and never grow tired of comforting me during the sad times. Online friends who I have truly felt their compassionate hugs even though I have never physically "met" them.
2. My health~
- I reminded myself that even though one particular "part" of me hasn't been "working" the way I want it to......99.99999% of me is. When I was waiting for my doctor to call me back about my bloodwork results.....I thought about how I could have been waiting for the call to see if cancer spread. I will also umbrella this "thanks" to include my husband and children's health as well.
3. And most of all.....My Savior!
- Once again.....I am reminded that the God I serve in my darkest times, is the same God I serve in the bright sunny days. He is unchanging. In fact.....I have witnessed His Glory the most in the midst of my rainy days.
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining
But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
-Praise You in this storm
So no matter what the weather is......I hope you have "SONshine" today!
Now it's your turn.......share three random things (make me laugh, prayer requests, photos, recipes,.....sporadic thoughts/ideas) and join in on the Three Things This Thursday ring. Add your blog link here: